Course Dates & Locations
A certificate of attendance for 15 Contact Hours will be awarded to each participant. All Therapy Network Seminars are pre‐approved for CEUs in the state where the course is conducted when required for PT, OT, & Assistants.
AOTA Approved Provider of Continuing Education # 3073 Category 1 Domain of OT. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsements of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
This is an intermediate level workshop for PT, PTA, OT, and OTA.
NOTE: Nothing in this course is to enable or permit the learner to apply techniques outside of the scope of practice in their individual state and discipline.
- Describe normal gait in terms of joint position and muscle activity by phase and body segment
- Apply knowledge of normal gait to determining specific gait deviations during pathological gait
- Hypothesize probable causative factors for specific identified gait deviations in pathological gait
- Analyze the determinants and prevalence of gait recovery following common neurological injuries or diseases
- Demonstrate the appropriate examination and evaluation techniques for assessing gait following common neurological injuries or diseases
- Identify the common gait deviations/gait patterns present in pathological gait for each of the common neurological injuries or diseases
- Identify evidence based therapeutic interventions to maximize recovery of gait in persons with neurological injuries or disease.
- Identify the role of orthotics in gait rehabilitation
- Identify and demonstrate the common gait deviations present in each of the common neurological injuries/diseases that warrant orthotic management
- Examine the major causes of these common gait deviations and how they can be corrected with proper orthotic management
- Review and appraise the evidence regarding the utilization of orthotics
- Synthesize knowledge of gait impairments and deviations, along with best practice evidence, to create the appropriate therapeutic and/or orthotic prescription
- Examine actual orthoses commonly utilized for gait and discuss/practice appropriate tuning of these braces
- Examine the use of functional electrical stimulation in gait rehabilitation for persons with neurological injury or disease
8:00 Continental Breakfast and Registration 8:30 Normal Gait 10:00 BREAK 10:15 Observational Gait Analysis: Deviation to probable cause 12:00 LUNCH - ON YOUR OWN 1:00 Video application lab 2:00 Comprehensive Examination and Evaluation of Gait 3:15 BREAK 3:30 Common gait deviations/causative factors with lab 5:30 Q/A, Adjourn
7:45 Continental Breakfast 8:00 Gait Recovery: What we see, what is possible 10:00 BREAK 10:15 Gait Interventions (task specific) 12:00 LUNCH - ON YOUR OWN 1:00 The role of orthotics/matching exam findings to orthotic prescription 2:30 Lab – Gait retraining (activities and handling) 3:30 Lab – Orthotics (examine, trial, adjust actual orthotic devices) 5:00 Q/A and Adjourn
Registration fee less a $75 administrative charge is refundable if cancellation received 14 days prior to program date. No refunds will be given after that time. Therapy Network, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a seminar and will refund in full the registration fee only. TNI is NOT responsible for registrants nonrefundable airfare, accommodations or fees.