TO BE RESCHEDULED FOR A FUTURN DATE.
PLEASE CHECK BACK
This introductory course provides physical therapy and athletic training participants with information about the basic functional anatomy of the iliotibial band, injuries to the ITB, and evidence-based strategies for the proper management of ITB syndrome. Participants will leave with a basic understanding of the proper evaluation of the patient with ITB pain and will understand appropriate and effective physical therapy treatments for patients with ITB syndrome. Also covered will be an effective exercise program and return to running plan for patients with ITB syndrome.
- Identify the basic functional anatomy of the iliotibial band.
- Identify appropriate tests and measures for patients with suspected ITB syndrome.
- Identify appropriate treatments for ITB syndrome patients.
- Identify and prescribe an effective exercise program for ITB patients.
- Identify an appropriate return to running program for ITB patients.
- 8:00 PM – Introduction and functional anatomy of the iliotibial band
- 8:20 – Evaluation of ITB syndrome
- 9:00 – Treatment for ITB syndrome
- Exercise prescription for ITB syndrome
- 9:15 – Return to running program of ITB syndrome patients
- Prevention of future problems with ITB syndrome
- 9:30 – Q/A Session and adjourne
- Brett A. Sears, PT, Cert. MDT
Brett Sears is the senior therapist and owner of Capital Region Physical Therapy, PLLC. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from West Virginia University. Brett also has a Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from New York Medical College and a post-graduate certification in the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT).
Brett has over 19 years experience in orthopedic and hospital-based physical therapy. He has extensive experience in outpatient orthopedic therapy and has also worked in hospital-based acute care and rehabilitation settings. Brett served as the physical therapy supervisor in a large suburban hospital organization before opening his own physical therapy clinic. He currently specializes in outpatient orthopedics with a focus on low back and neck pain rehabilitation and sports injury management.
Brett also serves as an educator in his community, giving lectures about low back pain, running injuries, and balance disorders to local organizations. He also has served on the Utilization Review Committee at a local visiting nurses’ association.
Brett is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and McKenzie International. Brett is certified in the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy and is also the Physical Therapy Expert on Verywell.com.
When not in the clinic, you can find Brett running in some area road races, playing hockey, or enjoying time with his wife and three children and his parakeet, Blizzard. Brett is also a youth soccer coach for the Albany Soccer Club and plays on the Albany Masters Soccer Team. He is also a member of the West Virginia University Hockey Hall of Fame.
Contact Hours: 1.5
Early Bird Rate: $42
Discount Code: EARLY