Successful examination and development of tx interventions of the hip and knee requires the clinician to have a comprehensive understanding of the anatomy and biomechanics of the respected regions. With this understanding and a problem-solving approach, the clinician will be able to accurately determine the source(s) of the patient’s symptoms and formulate an effective tx scheme that focuses on correction of the underlying problems vs symptom relief. This workshop is designed for rehabilitation specialists of all skill levels who have exposure to this orthopedic population. The first portion of the course focuses on a comprehensive overview of the anatomy and biomechanics of the hip and knee followed by examination considerations and treatment intervention strategies for nonoperative and postoperative management of commonly seen orthopedic conditions.
Course Dates & Locations
A certificate of attendance for 15 Contact Hourswill be awarded to each participant. All Therapy Network Seminars are pre‐approved for CEUs in the state where the course is conducted when required for PT, OT, ATs & Assistants.
Therapy Network, Inc. (BOC AP#: P2563) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. Our seminars are eligible for a maximum of 15 Category A hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
AOTA Approved Provider of Continuing Education # 3073
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsements of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
This course is intended for PTs, OTs, ATs, & Assistants
NOTE: Nothing in this course is to enable or permit the learner to apply techniques outside of the scope of practice in their individual state and discipline.
- Identify key anatomical structures and principles as they relate to hip and knee examination and treatment.
- Perform an orthopedic medical screening to identity contraindications to treatment and noting when further medical assessment is necessary.
- Perform a thorough evidence based examination through provocative and special testing procedures.
- Demonstrate functional progression of exercises based on clinical findings and evidence.
- Demonstrate proper manual therapy techniques for the treatment of hip and knee dysfunctions.
- “WoW !! Well thought out and very well presented. This guy knows his stuff. “
- “The labs, the functional application and the treatment ideas made this a fast and enjoyable 2 days. Thank You.”
- “Citations of clinical evidence was helpful. Hands on labs and taping techniques were terrific. Great instructor”
- “Looking at the kinetic chain and its impact on these structures was spot on. Craig’s humor and teaching style only added to the quality of the course”
8:00 Continental Breakfast and Registration 8:30 Functional Anatomy & Biomechanics Hip 10:15 BREAK 10:30 Functional Anatomy/Biomechanics Knee 11:00 Orthopedic Hip and Knee Examination
12:00 LUNCH (ON YOUR OWN) 1:00 Examination Practice Lab 3:00 BREAK 3:15 Joint Mobilization of the Hip and Knee
Soft Tissue Mobilization of the Hip and Knee
(Basic and Advanced techniques)
Demonstration and Practice Lab
5:30 Q/A & Adjourn
8:00 Clinical Pathologies
- Hip/Knee Complex
- Internal derangement
- Arthritic conditions of the hip
9:00 Soft tissue injuries of the hip 9:30 Ligamentous injuries of the knee
- (ACL) Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- (PCL) Posterior Cruciate Ligament
10:00 BREAK 10:15 Ligamentous injuries continued
- (LCL) Lateral Collateral Ligament
- (MCL) Medial Collateral Ligament
11:00 Meniscal injuries of the knee 12:00 LUNCH (ON YOUR OWN) 1:00 PatelloFemoral conditions/treatment 1:45 The Arthritic Knee
2:30 Functional Testing - Hip/Knee Complex 3:00 BREAK 3:15 Evidence Based Concepts for Rehabilitation
- Exercise Prescription
(tools and techniques)
- Physical Agents ...considerations
4:30 Taping Techniques (Demonstration Lab) 5:00 Q/A & Adjourn
Registration fee less a $75 administrative charge is refundable if cancellation received 14 days prior to program date. No refunds will be given after that time. Therapy Network, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a seminar and will refund in full the registration fee only. TNI is NOT responsible for registrants nonrefundable airfare, accommodations or fees.