According to the literature, ACL rehab is struggling in returning the athlete back to play. Meta-analysis studies that reviewed over 5800 cases indicated that less than 50% of the patients returned to their sport. During this webinar we will examine current trends and considerations for improving rehabilitation following ACL surgical repair.
Topics to be discussed:
*Eccentric loading concepts in remodeling collagen fibers
*Improving the three balance systems somatosensory, ocular motor – vestibular, and vision
*Knee flexion angles to facilitate hamstring control of anterior shearing forces
*Strengthening the posterior lateral hip muscles.
Level of Instruction: Intermediate
- Identify the different balance systems and how they can reduce the risk of re-tearing ACL
- Identify the risk factors related to ACL tears
- Identify exercises that are important to the rehab of post rehab ACL
- Identify the benefits of eccentric loading exercise
- Review of the Literature on ACL rehabilitation
- Anterior Shearing forces to the ACL – open / closed chain
- Hip strength, Balance, Eccentric loading, and Hamstrings
- Dr. Robert Donatelli, PT, PhD, OCS
Dr. Donatelli is a clinician, researcher, author, and educator and considered one of the leading experts in the treatment and prevention of upper and lower extremity injuries in the world. Dr. Donatelli has an extensive list of accomplishments and titles within his profession, including national director of Sports Rehabilitation Physiotherapy Associates; personal physical therapist for Andy Roddick, ATP tour; physical therapist for the PGA Tour; consultant for the Philadelphia Phillies and Milwaukee Brewers; and clinic director of an outpatient facility providing sports and orthopedic rehabilitation. Dr. Donatelli has rehabilitated numerous professional athletes and was the physical therapist for the Champions Tour of Tennis, which included tennis legends Jimmy Conners and John McEnroe. He is the editor of Physical Therapy of the Shoulder 4th Edition, Orthopedic Physical Therapy 3rd Edition, and Sports Specific Rehabilitation. Dr. Donatelli has taught orthopedic topics throughout the United States, and in Canada, England, Romania, Australia, Sweden, China, and more.
Contact Hours: 1.5